Monday, April 5, 2010

Going Back


In each end there is a new beginning. At least that's what they say. This school year has been unlike any other, with lots of growth, trials, and good times. Each time I would come back to school from home, it felt like I was entering a whole different world than the one I was leaving, all within just a short half hour drive.

But it kind of IS a whole different world.
This year has been full of so many changes, and now it's just the weirdest feeling to go back to a place where things are still just as I left them. I feel like life should be completely different when I go back, because it's been a year full of so much change. Yet, it won't be. It's just the same as I left it. It's a comforting thought, but at the same time, I always have that ever looming time coming when things will change for good and going home will be a very different experience than it is now.

Some say it's ridiculous to worry about such things when they are so far off. In my case, (just as it happened last year with college) things that I don't want to happen or worry about, seem to have their own special way of sneaking up on me before I am ready.

Will I ever be ready? Some days, yes. Most days- nope. So I guess that's some of it, but still. It feels weird to go back to a place that is all too familiar, where not much is different. And I am dreading the scary day when all of that will change.

Yep, I'm not going to lie...I am scared crazy out of my mind.

2 comments:

The Clark's 2015 Texas McAllen Mission said...

Yes Christina, things will change a little. One thing will never change - you are loved at home. Home's love will follow you where-ever you go.

You are right, not much has changed at home. You are now independent and have had to face many things on your own - good and bad. Going home for a season may become trying (at times) but will serve you well over the years, looking at times past and knowing that Home is something you will always feel and the security that it brings. Love you. .......Dad.

Trevor Casper said...

As I've gone through a lot of change during this past year, I've come to more fully understand something John Bytheway was trying to explain in one of his books I've read. I've had to make sure that my foundation was built on something that will never change, and that will always make me happy and help me to progress, no matter what. Its helped me to see things much more clearly, and to better understand the reasons behind the choices I make, and what their future impact will be. Its given me hope for the future, and confidence that things will work out ok. I don't know everything, but I know that with faith and hope, I have no reason to fear.