Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just a little daydreamin'

Sometimes I close my eyes and just forget about everything I need to do.
I remember being little and me and my sister would go rollerblading around the neighborhood.
I remember my family having sock fights in our family room.
I remember playing magic school bus with April and Julie in the car while Jakob played t-ball.
The smell of swim lessons every summer.

Primary, achievement days, young womens.
I remember playing in the snow with my siblings until we couldn't feel our hands anymore.
Then coming inside to a warm fireplace and hot chocolate.
I remember game night.
I remember playing barbies in Julie's room for hours at a time.
Falling asleep to the sound of my wind chime with an open window on a summer night.
Ice cream cones melting, night games, and lots of sun.
Milk chugging contests and the sound of girls giggling at lunchtime.
Swinging, swinging, as much as I could before the school bell rang.
I remember April pulling out my first loose tooth.
And I remember how I never thought that I would ever be old enough to go to college.
Being in high school where my whole world was simply running and friends and sports med.
What to wear?
What to do on Friday night.
So many good, friday nights. and saturday nights.
And games. and meets.
The feeling of working so hard and being so in shape.
Running, running, running.
Then my eyes open and and I am here. And it's all just a memory. My memories. My momentary childhood escape. A daydream reminding me to never grow up, because it really does happen
way
too fast.

4 comments:

APRIL DAVIS said...

Oh, just enjoy these moments in college before you have more to worry about later in life. It's amazing how hard it is as a teenager to appreciate the simplicity of life-if it helps try and remember that about your life right now. It only gets more stressful and crazy as you go! But so fun too. so fun. So just relax and enjoy what you've got going now-you'll grow up too fast if you don't.

Avatar said...

Glad you had wonderful moments of those days. Memories last forever and present will end so make more wonderful memories with it too. :)

Brian & Christina said...

yeah thanks april,I guess I'm just realizing that now. that everything is just speeding up. i don't like it.

MadMadameMim said...

funny, I was thinking the same thing as April ;). I hope you aren't too stressed nearing the end of the semester. One thing I really miss from college is that feeling of euphoria as you walk out of your last final. You've worked so hard, you've accomplished a lot, and now it is over. You get to just relax for about a week. It's great!