Monday, December 29, 2008

Night time thoughts

As I sit here in the quiet darkness, I feel the peace of the night. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there IS something different about the night. Whether it's the stillness of the world, or maybe it's just the feeling I get, it's a calm ish type of feeling. Like, at 3 in the morning it is my time to think about anything in the whole universe. Anything and everything. Or maybe, just nothing at all. To me, life's problems don't have to be solved at 3 in the morning when I am thinking about them. I can think about it all I want and it's somehow ok in a weird sort of way. I don't have to fix it at that moment. Also, it's a time when anything is possible. I can think up any idea and it will seem like a good one that I am capable of. Maybe that isn't the best time for me to be doing that, because who knows? Maybe someday I'll end up trying to fly off my roof or something!? But hey, in the night....it's ok. But really, to tell the truth, I think it may also have a small part to do with my subconscious. I think sometimes, in the day, I won't let myself think certain things. Like, I won't allow my mind to think of unhappy endings to certain situations. Or I won't dream up big possibilities. In the night though, it is possible. And in the night, it's also ok to see that unhappy situation or ending. Because, to be honest, I'm probably so tired and sleepy that I don't even care. So maybe it's a good thing sometimes, or maybe it's facing those fears of mine. But there, in the middle of night, I can tell myself the truth about anything. And so can you.The awful, wonderful, sad, or funny TRUTH. The thing I would like to see is more of that, in broad DAYLIGHT. Yes, it is still important to control thoughts. But it's a good thing to be able to say, I might just fail at this. Or perhaps, this is actually something I could be amazing at.Whatever it may be, life is about letting yourself come to grips with those BIG ideas and thoughts. Overcoming that barrier which we put in front of ourselves daily. It's about learning and growing. And all of this starts with just one little seed that can change everything. A thought.

No comments: